Monday, February 3, 2020

The Orchidometer

An orchidometer is a medical instrument used to measure the volume of the testicles. It consists of a string of numbered wooden or plastic beads of increasing size, usually from about 1 to 25 ml, however the range of some models may extend to 35 ml or more. The beads are compared with the testicles of the patient, and the volume is read off the bead which matches most closely in size. Prepubertal sizes are 1–3 ml, pubertal sizes are considered 4 ml and up and adult sizes exceed 12 ml.

I have a strange fascination with this device that I can't fully explain. I think it boils down to the idea of testicles being the core of a man's masculinity, the very source of his manhood, and yet they can be measured, quantified and reduced to a objective number.

It was only a matter of time before I tried to draw this concept. 

Looking at this pic, I can tell that the execution is abit of...the proportions of the lower half are out. It was still a lesson though. No ball busting in this one lol...it's more mental ballbusting. What is your manhood worth, but a set of numbers on the orchidometer?

6 comments:

  1. You know, with the number of pills, creams, herbs, and other snake oils that prey on men's fears of inadequacy by claiming to offer permanent enlargement of the penis, I'm actually a little surprised to now note that I don't think they ever also claimed to enlarge the testicles as well.
    Or maybe they did and I just didn't pay enough attention.

    But imagine if those "medicines" did work, and Joe Average finally grew the mighty member he'd always dreamed of having.
    Only to then realize that his poor balls had gotten left behind and were now dwarfed by his penis.

    Idk, something about seeing the orchidometer (a device I had never heard about before but now find quite interesting) just made me think about this.
    Anyways, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are attempts to enlarge the sight of the nuts. If you google for the corresponding photos, you will find z. B. Guys who pump up their scrotums, or inject something in there. Such attempts are likely to cause a lot of harm, and in no way increase manhood.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe how much this image looks like the towering and massive bodybuilder, Nick Pulos! Nick is even beefier, and his hairline hasn't receded, but this could otherwise be him! Of course, the real Nick could only WISH that his cock was this huge, or that he'd been blessed with balls even HALF this utterly massive!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as I know, the nuts produce the testosterone, and are really actually the source of manhood ♂️, as you say. I had never heard of an Orchidometer before, and of course I'm wondering now, what size my nuts 🌰 would be. I'll ask my urologist. But the hero of the drawing, definitely needs significantly larger wooden balls, to determine the volume of his magnificent testicles. Beautiful detailed drawing. ⭐

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orchidometers are used for physique measurements which are common in sports and physical anthropology or anthropometry. Used now in close contact sports like wrestling where the athlete has to be cleared for close contact sports. Not much talked about unless you are in the sport at a competitive level.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This remains one of my favorite images of yours. This guy is just so freakin' sexy and manly! I love how he's isolated just one of his massive, magnificent bull nuts and is holding it up to the orchidometer. I wonder if he's discovering for the first time that he is indeed far, FAR more blessed in the balls department than virtually all men...

    ReplyDelete